It’s hard to beat the rugged look and masculine energy created by a full beard but not everyone’s facial hair comes in as thick as they’d like. But fear not, the best derma rollers for beard growth will have you looking like a Viking in no time.
In the past these game-changing aesthetic devices could only be found in salons, however, recently more and more men have been using in-home versions to achieve the rugged look they’ve been looking for.
Through a process known as micro-needling, the best derma rollers for beards make tiny perforations in the skin to stimulate collagen production. The collagen that is produced is made up of amino acids that the follicles on your face use to produce the keratin proteins necessary for hair growth. The result of all this science? A thick and luxurious beard that would make Jason Momoa jealous.
Now that we know just what derma rollers for beard growth are and how they work, it’s time to dive into the best derma rollers for beards on the market so you can make an informed choice on how you’ll grow the beard you’ve always wanted.
But don’t worry, we’ve done the work for you and collected the leading products on the market to give you plenty of options in a range of prices and quality.
If you’ve ever wondered “Do the best derma rollers for beards help growth?” The answer is yes. Look no further to find the best product for your needs and start cultivating the beard you’ve been dreaming of.
Our Top Picks
We chose this as our overall choice thanks to the solid design. To use the Wattne best derma rollers for beards, just roll the blade 5-10 times over where your beard grows, making sure to evenly cover the entire area. With 0.25 millimeter needle length, this product won’t cause any pain but will stimulate your follicles to grow the facial hair you’ve been looking for.
- The titanium blade is durable and makes cleaning a breeze
- The 0.25 millimeter needle length won’t cause undue irritation but will get the job done
- The 540 needle count is dense enough to ensure complete coverage during treatment
- Comes with all-natural beard comb, oil, serum and balm to stimulate hair growth and keep your beard looking and smelling luxurious.
- The 0.25 millimeter needle length may not be best suited for some peoples’ needs
A great little product that will get your beard growing, the Crafted derma roller for beard growth is suitable for any type of hair and skin. To use, simply roll the blade over the natural hairline on your face, paying extra attention to patchy areas. In just 4-8 weeks, you can expect a thicker, healthier beard.
- The titanium blade is durable and easy to clean
- The 540 needle count ensures complete coverage of treated areas and follicle stimulation
- 100% money back guarantee gives you confidence that the product will deliver the desired results
- Comes with free hair serum to provide all the nutrients your follicles need to produce healthy hair growth
- The plastic could be of higher quality but it serves its intended purpose
If you’re serious about getting your beard where you want it to be and you’re not scared to spend a bit of cash, the Beard Club derma roller advanced kit is probably what you’re looking for. This small business product is suitable for all kinds of skin and hair, it includes everything you need to get started on your dream beard journey. The kit includes a the best derma rollers for beards (of course, that’s why you’re here), growth oil and vitamins, dry shampoo, and a beard brush.
Alternatively, this makes a perfect gift for a boyfriend or even something YOU should ask for christmas, especially if you’re someone settling in for that long winter growth period.
- The blade’s 540 needle count ensures total coverage that will make your beard denser and thicker
- The 0.5 millimeter needle length is long enough to fully stimulate follicles without causing unnecessary pain or bleeding
- High-quality construction that will stand up to the most rigorous usage
- The surgical steel blade is high-quality but some people prefer titanium
This package has everything you’ll need to get the beard you’ve been dreaming of. The 0.25 millimeter needle length is gentle enough for the most sensitive of skin and the balm, oil, comb that are included let you take the best care of your newly rejuvenated facial hair. This product makes a great gift any time of year.
- The 0.25 millimeter needle length won’t cause any excessive irritation during treatment
- The oil and balm provide additional nutrients that stimulate hair growth beyond the primary derma rolling treatment
- A premium titanium blade will stand the test of time and is easy to clean, so you don’t have to worry about infection or other skin issues
- 100% money back guarantee lets you make sure this product is right for you, worry free
- Some people may not enjoy the strong smell of the beard oil
If you’re a man who appreciates the healing power of nature, then the Young17 kit is for you. This product includes a special beard oil infused with jojoba, rosehips, argan oil and calendula to nourish your skin and hair while simultaneously stimulating beard growth. When used in combination with the 0.5 millimeter length needles, these oils penetrate the skin and work their magic.
- Titanium needles are durable and easy to clean.
- The 0.05 millimeter needles will stimulate follicles without causing excess irritation to skin
- Natural oils from a blend of aromatics and herbs smell nice and provide additional nutrients to stimulate hair growth.
- The oil smells great but some people may find it a bit greasy for their liking
Still utilizing an easy to use handheld design, this product takes advantage of a few cutting edge tricks to help you get the beard you’ve been looking for. Sterilized with UV light before shipping, you can rest assured this is one of the best derma rollers for beards that will be squeaky clean on arrival. The beard soap and growth oil also utilize some interesting ingredients that stimulate hair growth, including peptides, biotin, vitamins and Indian kino tree extract.
- The high-grade titanium needles are easy to clean and won’t prematurely deteriorate
- The540 needle count is dense enough to ensure complete coverage during treatments
- This package comes with a video and eBook so you know exactly what you’re getting and how to get it
- Some users with sensitive skin may find the soap a little bit itchy
Not everyone requires fancy oils and balms for their beard, preferring a bare-bones approach to match their practical approach to style. If this sounds like you, the best derma rollers for beards may be just what you’re after. Simply roll the titanium blade across your face horizontally and vertically, paying extra attention to pathy areas, a few minutes twice a week and feel the stimulation in your follicles.
- The high-quality “Grade A” titanium blade is hygienic and durable enough for regular use
- 100% satisfaction guarantee lets you try this product with no worries or stress
- Shipped as a standalone product, this is great for a no-frills man that doesn’t balms or oils
- Perfect for beginners without experience with other derma products
- This product is not recommended for use on inflamed skin
This product is where high quality meets eco-friendly. The 0.5 millimeter needles open pores and provide pathways for the 100% organic beard oil to enter follicles and stimulate hair growth. Chock full of vitamins and minerals, when used in combination with the titanium blade, the serum takes the best derma rollers for beard treatments to the next level.
- The high-quality titanium blade is UV treated to ensure sterilized conditions on delivery
- The beard oil is organic and hypoallergenic, making it great for health conscious men
- A 90 day money-back guarantee will give you confidence in the effectiveness of the product
- The 0.5 millimeter needles may be a bit harsh on extra sensitive skin types
Here is another product that will help you get the beard you’ve always wanted without breaking the bank. Plus, this product is also designed to be used on the scalp as well, so if you’re thinning out a bit up top, this might be the best derma roller you’ve been looking for. A titanium blade with 0.25 millimeter needles is easy to clean and gentle enough for the most sensitive of skin types.
- An aromatic tea tree beard serum is pleasant as it is effective at stimulating hair growth
- The Naland derma roller is recommended for use on the scalp as well as the face
- Clean and attractive packaging make it a particularly great gift
- Comes with a classy wooden comb and wax to keep your new beard in tip-top shape
- The beard serum contains alcohol, which may not be to everyone’s taste
What To Look For When Buying The Best Derma Rollers For Beards
There are a few things to consider when buying the best derma rollers for beard growth. Read on to learn and find the product that is best for you.
This is the first thing to consider when buying the best derma roller for beard growth. In order for a derma roller to work, it needs to penetrate the skin, so the length of the needle must be correct to be effective. On the smaller end of the spectrum, 0.2 millimeter needles won’t cause pain or bleeding but will not produce quite the same effect as larger needles. As you get larger, say in the 0.3 millimeter-0.5 millimeter range you can expect a bit of pain and minimal bleeding as well as more follicle stimulation. From 0.75 millimeter-1.0 millimeter will likely cause more bleeding and pain and are not usually recommended in most cases.
Number of Needles
Besides length, the number of needles is the most important factor when it comes to a derma rollers for beards. While older models may have only had 200 needles, derma rollers with more than 500 needles are far more effective. Densely packed on the blade, the higher needle count makes sure that the entire surface of the skin being treated will be fully stimulated, leading to a much thicker and denser beard.
Roller blades need to be easily cleaned and resistant to rust and corrosion in order to stand the test of time and eliminate the risk of infection and other nastiness. For this reason, stainless steel and titanium are really the only options for roller blades.
Stainless steel is rust-resistant and a cheaper alternative, however, titanium is the gold standard when it comes to the best derma rollers for beard growth thanks to its lightweight, durability and hygienic properties.
A derma roller is a device that has been used for years to treat acne scars, wrinkle and stimulate hair follicles. Through microneedling, derma rollers piece the skin to stimulate hair growth in a quick and easy process you can do in your home.
The science is in. Derma rollers work for beard growth! Stimulating hair follicles to produce the keratin necessary for hair growth, these incredible devices will give the beard you’ve always wanted in no time.
Experts recommend needle sizes between 0.2 millimeter and 0.5 millimeter are the best to increase the blood flow and collagen production that drives hair growth.
After each use, you should submerge the head of your derma roller in a glass of rubbing alcohol for 3-5 minutes. Then, take it out, let it air dry and your derma roller is ready to go for your next use.