Cinedigm and its Bloody Disgusting-powered horror platform SCREAMBOX announced today that the acclaimed horror documentary Pennywise: The Story of IT, an in-depth look at the 1990 miniseries based on Stephen King’s iconic novel, will release November 22 as a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray! You can pre-order on Amazon now!
An in-depth look at the 1990 mini-series based on Stephen King‘s novel, The Pennywise: The Story of IT Collector’s Edition Blu-ray will include six bonus features, several of them exclusive to this release.
- “The Book Cover” takes viewers back to the original “IT” manuscript and cover design with artist Bob Giusti.
- “A Deeper Look at the Music” includes an extended interview with composer Richard Bellis, discussing what inspired his classic score.
- “Georgie: A Short Film” is a narrative short featuring cast from the original miniseries.
- In “Childhood Phobias”, miniseries cast and crew discuss their own childhood fears.
- The Extras of “IT” include short interviews with miniseries extras and additional crew.
- And “The Legacy Continues” is packed full of extended commentary about the legacy and longevity of the “IT” miniseries.
The Pennywise: The Story of IT is the first Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release in the SCREAMBOX Collection.
Thirty-plus years after its release, the popular two-part miniseries IT and its infamous villain live on in the minds of horror fans around the world. Pennywise: The Story of IT, which is co-directed by John Campopiano (Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary) and Christopher Griffiths (Leviathan: The Story of Hellraiser) and produced by Gary Smart (Dark Ditties Presents), captures not only the spark the IT saga created when it was released but also the lasting impact it has had on an entire generation and the horror genre at large.
READ ALSO: 6 Things You’ll Learn from Watching ‘Pennywise: The Story of IT’ on SCREAMBOX
Several years in the making, the film features exclusive interviews with many of the cult classic’s key players, from cast members Richard Thomas, Seth Green, and Tim Curry, who portrayed the notorious monster clown Pennywise, to director Tommy Lee Wallace and special effects makeup artist Bart Mixon.
The documentary also boasts a wealth of archival material and never-before-seen footage.
The popular doc is also available on SCREAMBOX and VOD platforms everywhere.