Pop Culture

Phil Collins Finally Got His Ex-Wife to Move Out of His $40 Million Mansion After “Armed Occupation and Takeover”

Four months after Phil Collins first sued his ex-wife Orianne Cevey over “an armed occupation and takeover” of his $40 million Miami mansion, it seems the pair have finally settled their differences.

The judge presiding over the on-again, off-again couple’s case previously told them to drop the “scandalous” hygiene allegations and work out their property and financial disputes amongst themselves over Zoom instead of dragging things out in court. And despite their contentious back-and-forth in court, it appears they’ve done just that. The New York Post reported on Friday that not only has Collins finally kicked his ex and her new husband, Thomas Bates, out of his home, but he’s also already found a new buyer.

The Grammy winner listed the 1.2-acre property for sale for $40 million in December while it was still being occupied by Cevey and Bates and, according to the listing, it now has a pending sale at an unknown price to an anonymous new owner. As part of a partial settlement of Collin’s lawsuit, and after her own counterclaim to $20 million or half the property was reportedly thrown out entirely, Cevey agreed that she would leave the home by January 21.

Aside from once being the home of a legendary musician and the scene of much of his familial legal drama, the $40 million luxury property has many amenities befitting a rock star to offer its new resident. The Mediterranean-style 10,769-square-foot home built in 1929 has been consistently renovated over the years to include modern comforts such as stainless steel appliances, a temperature-controlled wine cellar with its own elevator, a summer kitchen, and a three-car garage. The interior boasts a two-story foyer with cupola ceiling and spiral staircase, a master bedroom with custom walk-in closets and private terrace, marble surfaces, and floors made out of 150-year-old reclaimed wood. The landscapes are equally stunning with a forest of palm trees, a 6,000-gallon koi pond, a pool, large boat dock, fire pit, fountain, Dominican coral stone deck, and 184-feet of private waterfront with views of the Miami skyline.

According to the Post, Cevey and Bates have purchased and moved into their own $5.5 million waterfront property in Fort Lauderdale, but despite moving out, litigation between Cevey and Collins is still ongoing.

More Great Stories From Vanity Fair

— How Harry and Meghan’s Royal Exit Led to an Unexpected Happy Ending
— Astrologer Chani Nicholas Says 2021 Will Still Be Tough, but There’s Hope
— Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Getting Divorced
More Hillsong Pastors Resign as Justin Bieber Confirms He’s Left the Church
— Does Prince Andrew Understand That He Can’t Go Back to Normal Royal Life?
— Sheryl Crow’s Life Lessons
— The 13 Best Winter Moisturizers for Every Skin Need
— From the Archive: The Temptation of Tiger Woods

— Not a subscriber? Join Vanity Fair to receive full access to VF.com and the complete online archive now.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Raya and the Last Dragon Is a Lush, Satisfying Action-Adventure
With 511,000 Americans dead from coronavirus, Republicans are outraged at Amazon pulling an anti-trans book
Charmed (2018) Season 3 Episode 5 Review: Yew Do You
Chadwick Boseman Won The Best Actor Golden Globe, See His Wife’s Emotional Acceptance Speech
Reggae Legend Bunny Wailer Dead at 73

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *